M&A Managing Partner
Oslo, Oslo, NorwayM&A
We are Marktlink. A committed international M&A specialist with an independent, entrepreneurial, no-nonsense attitude. Since our start in 1996, entrepreneurs have been our driving force. Using in-depth market knowledge and a personal approach we have impacted the lives of many. We believe that the world of acquisitions and investments needs disruption. That’s why we need you.
Are you inspired to help entrepreneurs in the most crucial stage in their career and working life? And do you want to help us maintain and expand our market leading position in Europe to shape the future of M&A? Then get ready for your next challenge!
For our office in Oslo, we are looking for an M&A Managing Partner who is ready to take their next entrepreneurial step as a dealmaker! Do you want to build up your own team of Dealmakers? Do you want to take more ownership and responsibility over the entire M&A process? And are you ready to become a partner within a winning European M&A Boutique? Join us now!
What makes this opportunity interesting?
- We offer a unique journey into entrepreneurship and the opportunity to launch and run a dynamic M&A office that’s part of an established company and brand with an international M&A track record and network.
- Almost 10 international Managing Partners have preceded you and our presence in new countries has proven successful. The plan is to grow to more than 25 international offices, covering all European countries.
- We offer an updated in-house database and direct (online and offline) sales assistance with a large number of leads for the European market and an expansive network of European clients. Furthermore, we are part of the international M&A network (GGI/GCG).
- Since our establishment in 1996, we have built an impressive track record of over 28 years of successes.
- We offer solid support:
- We are in this together! You will receive direct support from deal teams and our back office teams (business support, finance, marketing, IT, HR and recruitment).
- Knowledge sharing. Whether it's market insights, best practices, leads, or simply bouncing ideas off one another, we all benefit from the extensive knowledge that Marktlink and its local offices have accumulated over the years.
- We provide a blueprint that helps you with setting up and scaling up a new successful office.
- We know the importance of networking and lead generating. Therefore, a substantial marketing budget will be made available from the start.
- The lead generating department in the group will actively help you in finding new mandates.
- We have built an inhouse software tool that combines the best (deal) database, CRM, ERP and matching tools.
- Put together a close-knit, winning team, initially three to four members. In the medium to long term, teams can grow up to at least 25 team members or at least a leading position in your market.
- Develop, launch, and run a dynamic M&A office.
- Acquire leads and complete M&A transactions (buy-side and sell-side) in your country’s mid-market.
- Draw up and implement ambitious business plans for your country’s market in cooperation with the other Marktlink partners and colleagues.
- Devise and carry out commercial and marketing activities to put Marktlink on the map in your country.
- An active network with trusted relationships and demonstrable successes in dealmaking and acquiring mid-market M&A engagements business in Oslo.
- An extensive track record in dealmaking in Oslo.
- Native-level Swedish and professional level English language skills are essential.
- 7-10 years’ experience in Corporate Finance Advisory (Big 4, M&A Boutique, Corporate Finance firm).
- Strong focus on high-quality service provision.
- Technically strong, generating trust through expertise.
- Outgoing personality, strong communicator, commercially energetic, intrinsically curious, driven ‘entrepreneur’.
- An excellent CV in terms of professional qualifications and career path.
- High IQ and EQ; analytically sharp, excellent numeracy skills, and strong strategic insight.
Joining our company will give you the opportunity to shape your M&A future and establish Marktlink as an M&A market leader in Oslo. We are eager to get to know you!
Marktlink has led the Dutch M&A market for years. We are growing rapidly and recently opened branches in Belgium, Denmark, Germany, the United Kingdom and Switzerland. By 2025, Marktlink M&A will impact the M&A market from offices in ten European countries.
With an international team of around 275 employees in 6 countries, we advised on over 125 transactions in 2023 with a total value of 2 billion euro. Marktlink distinguishes itself in the M&A market by its energetic, no-nonsense, and above all entrepreneurial approach; the Marktlink DNA is ‘getting deals done’!
In addition to providing M&A advice, Marktlink established Marktlink Capital, a Fund of Fund PE investment company. This venture has resulted in Assets under Management of 1.0 billion euro, sourced from 1,000 entrepreneurs. The plan is to expand this initiative across Europe.
Exit Ready is the lead generating operation within Marktlink and the sparring partner for the run-up to selling a company. Exit Ready will contact around 20,000 entrepreneurs on a yearly basis, which has led to a stable lead flow for the whole group. Once we’ve connected with an entrepreneur, we start the process that aims to significantly increase the value of the company and prepare the entrepreneur for the sale process that follows.
Together with our labels Marktlink Exit Ready and Marktlink Capital we help successful entrepreneurs in the preparation and sale process and give them access to the strongest private equity funds in Europe and North America. The goal is to become the #1 European Investment Boutique for Entrepreneurs. Will you join this adventure?
A pre-employment screening may be part of the procedure.
4 STEPS TO A CAREER AT MARKTLINK
You have applied for the position that suits you. We will contact you within five working days.
How can you and Marktlink work together? Let's find out by starting the conversation. By phone or over a cup of coffee.
Let's dive deep
We want the best people, based on a care presentation and the Talent Motivation Analysis (TMA), we look at wheter you competences and talents fit into Marktlink.
Have you ticked all the boxes and also succesfully passed the final interview? The official offer is headed your way. Together we will do great deals. Time for champagne!