Groningen (Leek), Groningen, NetherlandsM&A
We are Marktlink. A committed international M&A specialist with an independent, discrete, and no-nonsense attitude. Since our start in 1996, entrepreneurs have been our driving force. Using in-depth market knowledge and a personal approach we have impacted the lives of many. We believe that the world of acquisitions and investments needs disruption. That’s why we need you.
Are you inspired to help entrepreneurs in the most crucial part of their career and working life? And do you want to help us maintain and expand our market leading position in Europe to shape the future of M&A? Then get ready for your next challenge!
For our office in Groningen (Leek) we are looking for a M&A Analyst.
Being an M&A Analyst is the first career step to becoming a dealmaker. You will work for several deal teams that guide entrepreneurs in buying or selling a company. You are financially and analytically strong, but above all commercially and socially skilled. You will not merely be working on spreadsheets, you will be involved in the entire process and meet clients from day one!
At Marktlink we invest in our talents and reinforce each others strengths. That's why we work in multidisciplinary teams. Through the Marktlink Academy you will be offered multiple trainings in every stage of your career. In addition, learning on the job is essential in mergers and acquisitions and we organise monthly sessions to share knowledge. A healthy work-life balance and informal working atmosphere are very important to us. Every day we have lunch together and then we talk about everything, except work.
As an M&A Analyst (Junior M&A Consultant) at Marktlink, you can roughly expect the following tasks:
- Perform business and market analyses;
- Preparation of valuations and bid books;
- Getting to know potential buyers and sellers;
- Approaching new buyers and sellers;
- Building and maintaining the (Marktlink) network;
- Drafting financing applications and resolving financing issues;
- Broad support of the manager during projects.
- You have completed a university degree in finance or a college degree in combination with a finance-oriented master's degree;
- You are a social and entrepreneurial person with practical, strategic, tactical and commercial insight;
- In addition to strong analytical skills, you are punctual and goal-oriented;
- Demonstrable affinity with the SME sector;
- An eye for personal relationships and excellent communication skills are essential;
- A good command of the Dutch and English languages (in the Netherlands and Belgium).
What you will receive
- You will receive a competitive salary and an annual Marktlink bonus;
- Unlimited holidays. Work hard. Play hard. We offer a unique combination of freedom and responsibility!
- Pension plan through Aegon;
- Company car;
- HP tablet/laptop and iPhone;
- Lots of responsibility from day one, flexible working hours and amazing colleagues;
- Focus on career growth and inspiring learning programmes;
- Lunch at the office for a small contribution.
- Yearly company ski-trip, Zandvoort Grand Prix and Marktlink Gala diner;
Could you be our new Marktlink colleague? We are eager to learn what you can contribute to our organisation. In addition to the ‘must-haves’, we are looking for personality. Who are you? What makes you stand out? Send in your application today by submitting your CV, a short cover letter or video (optional) by using the application button.
Marktlink has led the Dutch M&A market for years. We are growing rapidly and recently opened branches in Belgium, Denmark, Germany and the United Kingdom. By 2025, Marktlink M&A will impact the M&A market from offices in ten European countries.
With a team of around 200 employees, we advised on over 150 transactions in 2022 with a total value of €1 billion. Marktlink distinguishes itself in the M&A market by its energetic, no-nonsense, and above all entrepreneurial approach; the Marktlink DNA is ‘getting deals done’!
Together with our labels Marktlink Exit Ready and Marktlink Capital we help successful entrepreneurs in the preparation and sales process and give them access to the strongest private equity funds in Europe and North America.
A pre employment screening can be part of the procedure.
4 STEPS TO A CAREER AT MARKTLINK
You have applied for the position that suits you. We will contact you within five working days.
How can you and Marktlink work together? Let's find out by starting the conversation. By phone or over a cup of coffee.
Let's dive deep
We want the best people, based on a care presentation and the Talent Motivation Analysis (TMA), we look at wheter you competences and talents fit into Marktlink.
Have you ticked all the boxes and also succesfully passed the final interview? The official offer is headed your way. Together we will do great deals. Time for champagne!