Marktlink is a M&A boutique firm and market leader in the Benelux mid-market with the ambition to gain a market leading position in Western Europe. With a team of 100 employees, 7 offices in The Netherlands, Germany and Belgium we focus on transactions with a deal value of between €2.5 and €250 million. In 2020, Marktlink advised on 100 transactions with a total value of almost €1 billion. Marktlink has the ambition to grow to 175 employees internationally within 3-5 years, with additional offices in Belgium, Germany (already installed), the United Kingdom and Scandinavia. Marktlink distinguishes itself in the M&A market for its energetic, no-nonsense and above all entrepreneurial approach; the Marktlink DNA is getting deals done! Are you interested in helping this company to expand internationally?
- Develop and build up the Scandinavian office(s) as a partner.
- Acquire and complete M&A transactions in the mid-market of Scandinavia.
- Draw up and implement an ambitious business plan for the Scandinavian market in cooperation with the other Marktlink partners and colleagues.
- Devise and carry out commercial and marketing activities to put Marktlink on the map in Scandinavia.
- Put together a close and winning team, initially of three to four team members, and in the long term growing to at least 25 team members over several offices in Scandinavia.
- Develop new business, proactive prospecting with (1) existing clients in other countries, who want to develop activities in Scandinavia, (2) potential clients in Scandinavia, (3) potential Scandinavian clients intending to make acquisitions in other countries in which Marktlink is active.
- Raise support for the new Scandinavian entity within Marktlink, enthuse the organisation and stimulate internal referrals for assignments in Scandinavia.
- Realise achievable, but ambitious revenue targets with quality results.
- Participate in internal projects and initiatives aimed to develop Marktlink as a whole.
- Demonstrable successes in dealmaking in the Scandinavian mid-market and acquiring new Corporate Finance business in Scandinavia;
- Active and high-quality Scandinavian network;
- Native-level Scandinavian language skills are essential; knowledge of the Dutch/German language will be an advantage;
- At least 10 years’ experience in Corporate Finance Advisory, with professional work experience gained at:
- Big 4 Corporate Finance;
- Corporate Finance at a bank;
- Independent Corporate Finance firm or investment bank.
- Strong focus on high-quality service provision and assignment performance;
- An excellent CV in terms of professional qualifications and career path;
- Technically strong, generating trust through expertise;
- Outgoing personality, strong communicator, commercially energetic, driven ‘entrepreneur’;
- High IQ and EQ; analytically sharp, numerically excellent and strong strategic insight.
What makes this opportunity interesting?
- ‘Best of both worlds’:
- Firstly, the job is a real pioneering role; setting up a new office;
- Secondly, the businesses in the current international businesses have been firmly positioned, entailing accelerated growth and support from day 1;
- Existing network of European clients who also want to become active in Scandinavia;
- Proven success, experience and blueprint in setting and scaling up new successful offices present within the firm
- Part of an international M&A network (GGI/GCG);
- Brand, way of working and track record;
- Experienced team that is able to provide support, if needed;
- A substantial marketing budget will be made available from the start;
- Backoffice support includes marketing, IT, HR and recruitment;
- Direct support from consultants in the Netherlands available;
- The partner will become shareholder in the Scandinavian office with a market-rate management fee. After a few years, an opportunity will be offered to convert shares into Marktlink Holding shares.